Confessions of a 20-Something Caffeine Addict

...on caffeine-free nursing diet. God Help Us.

Friday, December 02, 2005

migrating south for the winter


okay well not really. I am going to a cousin's wedding in north louisiana this weekend. that's a laugh...only us coon-a$$ know why that's funny. trust me. it is, and at the risk of offending someone you'll just have to believe me. we'll be home for christmas...not sure about any "snow and mistletoe" but hopefully presents under the tree. I do need socks.

so He gets to go to Milan for 11 days in january and my tradeoff is a flannel shirt and jeans wedding fri night to sun morning. if I blink too long I might just miss it. yep, that's my life I recognize. I got over those types of things when I didn't develop until college. probably just means I'll live longer. you know what? this dinky trip is worth it just to see little cousin Matty.

went to our social awareness/peace and justice meeting last night. what a hoot. we are the only "young" people in that room. 13 people altogether and the average age (including us) is 63. Thirteen 63-y-o acting as the social conscience of the church! if all goes well we'll have pews with automatic kneeling...just push a buttom and your seat props you right up. I jest, but I'll bet there's a company that makes 'em. but honestly, these are some of the most aware AND religious people I have met in a long time, which is refreshing. they have already been doing research on lower emissions, war related issues like support troops, not war, and fairtrade. they want Him to write an article in teh bulliten about alternatives to expensive, high-fashion clothes and accessories, such as Hamnett bags (which are just as costly, but are made from cotton grown organically, processed in fair trade plants, and made in textile in a factory, all OWNED by hamnett) it's nice to be appreciated and I am so proud of my husband. he's taught me so much. I'll be sad if we have to leave these friends in such a short amount of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home