Confessions of a 20-Something Caffeine Addict

...on caffeine-free nursing diet. God Help Us.

Monday, December 05, 2005

12.05.2005

what a crazy weekend. I wasn't even in LA for 48 hours, and I still came back sounding like a coona$$. The ceremony was short, I was wearing clothes I didn't spend a penny on...thanks mom! The best part was when someone dropped a hymn book in the middle of a moment of silence, and little Matt's (1-y-o) voice echoed "uh OOOH" all through the church. What a little peanut. He's so cute I wanna spread him on raisin toast and eat him. He pretty much bounced between my dad and I the whole night, and I'm not complaining. By the way, I did NOT get baby fever, despite the aunts telling me how "good you look with a baby!" I was a little concerned, what with my strange baby dreams, but I feel confident that I am ready and willing to wait until BOTh of us are ready.

As usual every aunt and female cousin INSISTED that I had lost weight. At best I am about the same size as I was the last time I saw them. And why is it such a big deal? They ask, I say no, then they insist that I have, then I say well I haven't maybe it's my hair, and they roll their eyes. I almost wish I'd gain weight so they would just stop talking about it and feel better that at least I've gained weight too. NO I just wish they didn't care. That's what.

Sunday I woke up with the worst sore throat and headache. I sat next to a man on my first flight whose 7-y-o son is the remote-control car racing champ of the southwest region, open age group. I am not sure if that is really scary or really neat. That thought made my head hurt so I was glad that flight was only an hour. I slept almost the entire next flight through. I was SO happy to see Him pull up at the airport. I was exhausted but just wanted to stare at him all the way home. I love him, after all. This makes me stressed at the thought of him being away for 10 days in January. Not that he hasn't been away for much longer, but that he will be in another country, continent, time zone, culture... Life can be just like a coughdrop...so bittersweet, but you know it's for you own good.

that was cheeseball. but actually, I do need a coughdrop.

I had a dream last night that I was in this hip-hop dance group and we were all over the floor break-dancing and I did not want to wake up. I wish I was still dancing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home