Confessions of a 20-Something Caffeine Addict

...on caffeine-free nursing diet. God Help Us.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Bird Flu and a domestic

This weekend was non-stop. Messina's Custom Jewelry for an open house (beautiful) Friday: Ran into PseudoManager's mom, and what a sweetheart. Saturday we had breakfast with Father-in-law and I stuffed myself with two gigantic, amazing sweetpotato pancakes and greasy bacon. mmmmm. Not exactly food for the ill, but my spirit felt better! The Supervisor's christmas shindig Saturday night: wow...double-yawn. I really did make an effort to be nice and sociable with 15 stangers in a very small space. Towards the end of the night, we were herded into the living room (all we had to do was suck-in and turn around) to play Scene-It...what am I , twelve? the only people I like playing any kind of organized game with (with or without alcohol) are close family and friends...and even those aren't fun when you're even gently forced. Just for the record, OUR team won. We were pretty ready to leave when the party broke at a mere 11:15. And from what I hear, this was rowdy compared to past years. could have fooled me.

Sunday...CRAZY trip to the grocery store. not really. more like NUTS. we bought pecans. har har har. Visited the G-Ps and ate fish and soup and salad for about the 25th time this year. It's more funny than anything. They are so cute.

I stayed home from work yesterday and slept until 2pm. The stars were in my favor and His boots arrived just before He got home, so he couldn't see what they were. The leather is a little more red than I expected, but I think he'll like them still.

I think I have the avian flu virus. just kidding. but I do feel like I am going to die. ::achoo:: ::cough, cough, hack, cough:: But I am at work today and making progress on my projects, despite. Somehow the new guy has taken over another one of my winter assignments. I don't even know how! all of the sudden he's running errands to get it ready and my supervisor is just towing behind. I am so confused and frustated and I am just too darn exhausted and sick to do anything about it right now. Yet I still have to be here at the crack of dawn to finish it with them....grrrrrr. I just want to SLEEEEEEP.

Talked to Ed, an old friend, today. Found out he's living in NC now which is great to know...much closer than N.O.! he's helping me out with this ornament thing I have to do for our office x-mas tree. priceless.

What am I looking forward to? HAVING to be unemployed if we make the big move. I will enjoy the boredom of nothing to do. I VOW to clean our apartment regularly, to walk the dog, and go to the market, and cook dinner and anything else domestics do. To exlore the city, and annoy the merchants with my "scusi, iyo non capisco l'italiano." I mean even if it's only temporary, I look forward to it. Betty Crocker would be proud. It WILL get old...I am a worker, and I need to feel important. I'll get tired of it, but I think it will help me appreciate the working life a little more. He'll like it too, to feel as if he is "taking care of" me. But God knows how long we can last on a part-time income! We'll find out!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:25 AM , Blogger adampaul said...

    i love you.

     
  • At 5:26 AM , Blogger adampaul said...

    hi my Angel... I went to expats to post and see if anybody going to some of the schools wants to get together while we're there and I saw your post. I spent time reading your blog. I love you so much my sweetheart. You are my Dream and I love you endlessly.

    <3... me

     
  • At 5:29 AM , Blogger adampaul said...

    i LOVE you

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home