Confessions of a 20-Something Caffeine Addict

...on caffeine-free nursing diet. God Help Us.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Gettin' my Pilates Cert. On!

I am about to embark on my third of five weekends of Pilates training. Yes, I decided to do it, and YES I am so glad that I did. IT has been a lot of work. More than I expected. I see now why it is a costly thing to become certified, but I really feel like this is the change that I have always needed. I am so sucked into it that I have started becoming a Pilates snob. I scoff to myself when someone walks by with an anterior pelvis. I grit my teeth when the cashiers shoulders are up to her ears.

All right, not that kind of a snob. I do find myself looking, though. Wanting to run up to the anterior pelvis and tell them how I can help them, that I bet they have lower back pain and I can relieve it for them. I also find myself wanting to spend $100 on a nice fly pair of Puma gym pants. Needless to say, I've done neither, but it's still in my head.

It's elating knowing that I am choosing a new career that I truly believe in AND one that will fit my new life as a mother. I know that it won't be easy to gain a good reputation, but I see this field taking me places. I feel much more confident in the thought of selling myself as a trainer than as a designer. That's not to say that I will never go back to landscape architecture. But for now Pilates trainer suits me just fine and I look forward to this title for the next 4 years or beyond!

Joe Pilates at 72. NO he's not single. And YES those are some hot shorts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home