Confessions of a 20-Something Caffeine Addict

...on caffeine-free nursing diet. God Help Us.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

one more complaint, and then thanks!

I also forgot to mention how COMPLETELY inconvenient these leaking boobs are! And since my letdown is so strong, I have to stuff the non-nursing side with a burb cloth everytime I nurse, or else I'd be using up all my breastpads everyday. The only pads that really do the job are the disposable ones, and they are 1) expensive and wasteful and 2) don't let me "dry out" completely...BUT I use them when I am out of the house b/c otherwise I will leak through my clothes....GRRRRRRR Honestly if just one of these issues was resolved, I'd be a happy camper!

Thanks to both the ladies with the help....it's definitely eased my mind. I actually called a lactation consultant right after that past, and she came over yesterday to evaluate Giada and I. Despite G having a strong suckle, she has a hard time slowing/stopping the milk flow, and she might possibly have a Type 4 Frenula/Frenulum/Frenalen...the thingy under her tongue. She gave me some exercises to do with her to help strengthen her latch and to get her tongue moving the right way...it
s quite cute actually watching her tongue move around, and she laughs...sometimes. If that doesn't work she wants me to see this Dr. who can verify her Type 4 Fren.... and if she does have one, then they will want to give it a tiny snip. I have NO idea how I feel about that. I mean, how common is this.

[OKAY I JUST REALIZED I NEER POSTED THIS, SO I AM POSTING IT NOW "AS IS"...I'M TOO LAZY TO FINISH IT]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home