Confessions of a 20-Something Caffeine Addict

...on caffeine-free nursing diet. God Help Us.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

So Long, Prius


We have owned our Prius since late 2004. Since we are moving and do not plan on making car payments while we are in Italy, we are selling our car to my parents. I took it in last week to get some minor work done...new air filter, break pads, etc. and picked it up today. It was so nice to slide into it after driving around a borrowed mini-can for the past week.

I am so going to miss having such an amazing vehicle. It averages about 50 mpg (21 K/L), and since we are doing a lot of stop-and-go driving, that's on the low end...more like 60 (26) on the highway. I am going to miss opening up the back hatch for Margot (the dog) to jump in; Popping in the car seat, rolling down the windows and heading out for a drive to wherever the day took us; driving in the carpool lane while all by my lonesome; laughing at Hummers as I fill my tank in 45 seconds and paying with pocket change; watching people stare as the car drives away without a sound. I do believe that Toyota MAY have made the perfect car. It broke the bank ever so slightly, but it has been WELL worth every penny. It will be in safe hands once my dad picks it. And who knows? Maybe we'll buy it back one day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home