Confessions of a 20-Something Caffeine Addict

...on caffeine-free nursing diet. God Help Us.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

we have arrived...

[this is my post from the first night we got to Italy. I am email-
publishing it for now, but it will be dated correctly once I have
time to stay online long enough]

11-7-2007

and it has hit me much harder than I ever could have imagined. I am
totally lost in translation,,,I feel absolutely ridiculous each time
I squeeze out a ?Grazie?. I fear that the one word I am totally sure
of will mistake me for being fluent in Italian, and some innocent
shop keeper will begin to start a conversation and I will look like a
fool. My mom called to say hello, and we got into a tiff. I feel as
though I have been thrown into a minor depression...is that even
possible? I am completely overtired. The night before we left I got
3 hours of sleep, and I could barely snooze on the flight here, At
the moment I am disappointed in myself. Disappointed that I may not
like it here, and that I am not being the ?strong? person that I
always saw myself as.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home