Confessions of a 20-Something Caffeine Addict

...on caffeine-free nursing diet. God Help Us.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

how to dance your way into a stroke

well it's official kids. we're moving to florence (and not to milan as previously expected). We are very very excited about it, but of course now that we have finalized our decision (which is of course still really 95%) we are freaking out about everything! Money, money, and money. Oh wait we're also worrying about getting the dog here and deciding what to bring and leave. But we're also worried about money. YIKES! I tend to be the "it-will-all-fall-into-place" type, but I don't just sit on my tushy waiting for it to happen. I take action. He is the "oh-my-god-we-are-gonna-be-living-on-the-streets-with-TB" type. He takes action too, and much more swiftly and perfectly than I could ever hope to. But the vibes are rubbing off on me lately and I feel this overwhelming urge to write down the plan for my life for the next 10-15 years, how much money I'll be making, when to start making babies, when I'll be a vegetarian, and how much I'll weigh and what my hair will look at any given moment. Talk about putting pressure on myself.

And just to multiply that stress a little more, I have been so depressed about not dancing anymore that I've decided to get back into it, so long as it doesn't kill us financially. So far, I have no idea HOW I am going to achieve that goal.

I've located this wonderful dance intensive that the director from LSU told me about. Pro Danza Italia. It's in this coastal city in Tuscany, which means I'll have to be away from Him while I am there for 3 1/2 weeks. I think that I would be okay with that, but would he? I'd miss him so much, but I am sure that I'll have time to come home for the weekend, or for him to visit me. Anyway, besides being an amazing experience and opportunity for growth in my dance abilities, it should also provide me with priceless networking. Even if I just meet someone who could help me, say, find a desk job with a dance school so I can take classes for free. Anything is possible, and what better time than now! BUT just for balance of attitude, it could end up costing EURO5000 and then, well....plan B. Which I haven't really planned yet, but I'll get to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home