Confessions of a 20-Something Caffeine Addict

...on caffeine-free nursing diet. God Help Us.

Friday, October 27, 2006

false alarm

last night I thought my water broke. it was a false alarm...before I knew it was, I was almost disappointed that it was coming so early! I called my doula and my midwife at 11pm, and felt like a right freak for being so paranoid. Honestly, thought, the way it happened I don't think I could have slept without knowing for sure.

so for now Giada is still kicking the shit out of my ribs, and is currently leaping for joy (literally) or for sugar rush over the huge hunk of pecan pie I just ate. I'd leap too, but not in my current watermelon-belly state.

I am hoping once things settle a little after this wee one escapes my womb, if it DOES settle at all, that with 12 weeks of leave that I will have more time to blog. I'm sure it'll be one of the last things I'll be thinking of after changing stinky dipes and nursing a hungry baby every two hours, BUT hopefully I'll be dying to connect with someone, even if it's just the computer screen and my imagination of 1000 lurkers coming to my blog each day in hopes of witty writing and slide-splitting humor.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM , Blogger Tracie P. said...

    don't worry, hon, you peed yourself, that's all!

    jk;)

     
  • At 6:26 AM , Blogger Emily Clancy LoPorto said...

    I know! I really just need to come to terms with my incontinence, I've already come to terms with my general incompetence for most things. I dedicate that blog to my own self-realization that sometimes people pee themselves...and that's--okay!

     
  • At 3:58 PM , Blogger Yael said...

    haha :o) I still pee myself every once in a while...did I really just type that?

     
  • At 6:26 AM , Blogger Emily Clancy LoPorto said...

    heehee you're too much ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home