Confessions of a 20-Something Caffeine Addict

...on caffeine-free nursing diet. God Help Us.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

bloGGRRRR

I can't add photos right now for some reason, so the belly pic is going to have to wait. sorry peeps. trust me, it ain't cute anyway.

My gut is shrinking. The further along I get, the hungrier I am, but the less food I can actually fit into my belly! It is kind of aggravating, b/c I don't have time to eat 4-5 meals a day. I barely have time for 2.5-3!

Yael you're right. I RETRACT MY REQUEST: no comments on the names please. I already got feedback from my mom, and it didn't help. So from here on, I don't mind sharing the names, but don't share your thoughts! [by the way Yael, couldn't find anything on that movie, so I'm just going to pretend you didn't tell me about it and hope we don't came across it...EVER! HA!]

Adam and I are going to go for a swim today I think. He likes to swim in the ocean, but I'll stick to the pool until it's no longer available. I have that condition where I'm not big on the possibilty of creepy crawlies and other sea monsters passing me by (see Niki's post on this very phenomenon), nor do I like the rocks on the beach, though I suppose they do disappear in the water.
----------------------------------------

PLEASE KEEP MY COLLEAGUES IN YOUR PRAYERS...

there is this clothing trend in my office with the men...well I shouldn't say trend, b/c that implies that it will come and go soon....no this has been around and will probably be around for WAY too long. Their outfit on any given day:

-terrible looking pants that do not fit propoerly...pleats!!! ack, pleats!! and a couple of them wear them way too large but sinched up with a cheap faux-leather belt. Okay, so suppose they cannot find the right size??? heeLLLOOOOO call a tailor! and they are usually way washed out, and coming apart at the cuffs (going back to the properly fitting part). Popular color? Navy blue for pete's sake.

-over-sized short sleeved button-down shirts. what are we, sleezy bible salesmen? YES that's exactly what they look like. Hey, I know it's been hot, but at LEAST buy a shirt that fits correctly and is in your FLIPPING size! One guy's sleeves practicaly come past his elbows. You may as well wear long sleeves and just roll them.

-cheap, ugly ties. bad colors, tacky patterns, old out of style patterns, cheesy cartoons, and crap fabrics

-scuffed up faux-leather shoes that should have been given to charity, oh, say, 20 years ago. OR never made at all.

WHERE DID THE STYLE GO??? why is it that European men (for the most part) have the ability to dress themselves? I'm not asking for gucci suits and clingy shirts. Heck keep the stupid short-sleeved shirts, but buy a nice one, and one in your sixe for pete's sake! The majority of American men take NO pride in their appearance, or they let Old Navy guide their choices. The few who do dress like one of the Ghotti goumbas and look rediculous in their pink polos and super baggy over overly dyed jeans. dont' forget the nurse-white sneakers.

DRESS LIKE THE GROWN MEN THAT YOU ARE!!! and SPEND A LITTLE MONEY ON YOURSELVES INSTEAD OF BASING YOUR WARDROBE ON AN OLD NAVY SALE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home