Confessions of a 20-Something Caffeine Addict

...on caffeine-free nursing diet. God Help Us.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

she's alive!!!!! she's alliiiiiiiveeee!

hi! I'm the author of this sorry blog. I'm reintroducing myself because we are practically strangers now...though, I may have been lurking on your blog in the meantime, so we're just strangers like stalkers are to stalkees.

Currently I am one or all of three things: happy, hungry, growing. Usually all 3. Right now I am fantasizing about the homemade chicken soup DH and I made last night waiting in the fridge to be slurped up in gulps when I get home. I've gained 6-7 pounds, and about 4" on my waist. Supposedly that's not much, but g-whiz does it feel strange! and the dr. reassures me that around 7 months the real weight/size will start to roll in. whoopee...can you feel the delight radiating from your monitor? didn't think so.

went shopping a couple of weeks ago to get some "maternity items." I first went into a maternity store and found a few WAY overly priced things, bought them as the clerk mumbled something about their return policy. Then we went into Urban Outfitters and I found tons of great stuff that I can wear for a long time, including pants!! Returned to said maternity store to return half of the purchases, to find out the mumbled info what they do not do returns!!! You can only exchange or get a store credit within 10 days of purchase! what a load of crap. I just let her give me a store credit b/c I didn't want to walk out of that flipping store with tow shirts that cost WAY too much. I'm hoping that once I'm huge and it's cold, I can put it towards a winter coat/jacket. I think I'm going to write the company. As if they'll care, but at least I'll feel better. All I can say is thank god high-waisted shirts are in style or I'd be screwed.

my dad is coming up for a long weekend next Thursday. He wants to help us around the house/yard, so we've got a plan. Right now the nursery's wooden floor has carpet staples all over and needs a good polish, and the fluorescent green walls need to be painted over. Dad...you asked for it! My mom isn't coming this trip b/c she's saving up her vacation time for when the baby comes. Hopefully that will keep the in-laws at bay ;)

GOOD NEWS! I just found out that I can start having eggs. only bits at a time...but the morning after I found out, DH made me an omelet with sopressata (sp?), sun-dried tomatoes, and green pepper. it was DEEEEE-LISH.

I gave DH a "father's almanac" for father's day, and he's actually reading it!

oh yes! we watched the world cup finals on Sunday and I have to say I am thrilled that Italy won, but disappointed that they won on shoot-out. I wish it had been some amazing shot just in the last minute, like the Germany game. Oh well...yay for Italy nonetheless! After the game we went into town to have a slice of pizza, and we say outside. We heard all of the this honking and yelling, and then about 6 cars turned at the corner we were sitting at honking and screaming things in Italian like "viva Italy!" and waving Italian flags. DH and his best-friend who watched with us stood up and screamed back with the biggest grins (i screamed too, but I didn't stand up b/c I had a mouthful of pizza) It seems there were very few passers-by that had a clue what was going on, so the revelers were thrilled that the boys stood up to show support. It was really cool. We actually "knew" them too. They were the owners and family of the most authentic Italian foods store in Huntington...the owner is from Italy and speaks very little English. we buy our pancetta, soppresata (sp?), cheese, and Italian bread there. he calls me "Senora" and that makes me happy! they make all there own sausages, mozzarella and are butchers too, so it's all very fresh and high quality. god am I hungry.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:21 AM , Blogger nikinpos said...

    why couldn't you eat eggs before?

     
  • At 8:47 AM , Blogger Emily Clancy LoPorto said...

    I am (or was) allergic to milk, soy, and eggs. I didn't know about the eggs, and I had started going to a nutritionist b/c I still couldn't understand why I felt like crap all the time. it was b/c my body was in an "auto-immune" state...I was reacting to everything.

    he used some new test and we found out I was allergic to eggs. so I haven't eaten them in like 3+ months. he started me on some supplements to "detox" my body and get my immune system where it should be. So I get to slowly add one food at a time now to see how I am doing. This morning I had eggs and potatoes....mm mmm. I doubt I'll ever be able to have milk (i can't breath if I eat/drink it), and not being able to have soy is a bitch! it's in everything, but it keeps me from eating much processed crap :)

    wow that was a long reply!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home