Confessions of a 20-Something Caffeine Addict

...on caffeine-free nursing diet. God Help Us.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

bologna sandwich

Today I am craving a bologna sandwich, with mustard and mayo on white bread. I'm not sure if it was just my stomach, which isn't unusual, or if it's being pregnant, but God would I love a bologna sandwich.

I had to take this test today to be a Certified Nursery Professional. Nope, I do not work in a plant nursery. Nope, I'll never have to advise someone of how much nitrogen to put on their lawn. Nope I don't care what gall wasp will do to my tree. I am a landscape designer and these things are not part of my job, and if they were I would have learned them in the longest five years of my life in college. I don't understand it? This company has so much prestige and such great reputation for the past 30 years. Why do they insist that I take this flipping test? And what it for some reason I didn't pass? Sometimes it just makes no sense here, and knowing it will be another year tastes a little bitter. At the same time, I should be able to put away my anxieties about announcing the baby news b/c I know I'll be glad to be out of that place, for a while anyway.

This post is boring, I know. Except for the the bologna sandwich part.

hey...where have all my dreams gone?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:30 AM , Blogger Tracie P. said...

    do you know how fast that year will pass with a pregnancy and a new baby??

     
  • At 9:03 AM , Blogger Emily Clancy LoPorto said...

    you are so right (and this response is sOOOOO late...sorry)

    g whiz beaver...I sure hope I can hook up with all of you gals once we're there.

    seriously...but in the mean time, thanks for all the support!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home