Confessions of a 20-Something Caffeine Addict

...on caffeine-free nursing diet. God Help Us.

Monday, March 06, 2006

brain or baby

so I went to a neurologist this past friday because of this dizziness I have been getting, and this strange smell I've had. I didn't really like her. My regular doctor is so intuitive and doesn't make you feel like she is just going to plug in the formula and give you a prescription. she just asked me tons of questions, examined me, then gave me instructions I could barely understand. I felt like she was a bit condescending. I wish I had the guts to just say "stop speaking gibberish and just tell me what MIGHT be wrong with me, for Pete's sake!!!!!" So I my first assignment from Dr. Know-it-all-and-don't-share-it-all is to get blood work done to test my vitamin levels, etc. and to make sure I'm not pregnant for when I get my MRI, which is assignment #2. So if I were for some icicle's shot in hell preggers, then I don't have a tumor or epilepsy? I AM SO CONFUSED! WHY CAN'T SHE JUST BE STRAIGHT WITH ME!!! GRRRRRRRRR

So we are officially out of the creepy old house we were renting part of: no more stinky shedding dogs who roll around in their own poo. Just our sweet little Margot (who's sleeping in her bed b/c she ran around the yard all evening playing with an imaginary chipmunk). And in 3.8 months, we'll be boarding a plane to rome, then a train to florence, then to Santa Croce, to be thrilled or crushed by the apartment we just put a deposit on. but, honestly, either way I'm going to be so excited just to be there. I can't wait to have my first coffee standing up...my first Euro15 full course meal...my first (terrible) italian conversation (which will probably involve me saying about 3 words, and him/her saying the rest and then settling on speaking english)...my first day of grocery shopping the way it's meant to be done...my first walk on the street with Margot NOT on a leash! The scary part is that I have never even been across the ocean. He scouted out our move, so he at least has a taste for it. He also picked up the language pretty fast. Me? I keep speaking French instead of Italian. People say once you know one language, the other come easily...I beg ever so lightly to disagree. I had better sign up for a language course prontisimo....I just made up how to spell that.

well chow for now...hahaha j/k I know how to spell it...Ciao! xoxoxox

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home