Confessions of a 20-Something Caffeine Addict

...on caffeine-free nursing diet. God Help Us.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

blogging=going to the gym

Sometimes when I haven't been to the gym in while, I start to forget how much I really like being there and how good it makes me feel. It isn't until I scrape my lazy a$$ off the couch and drive myself, moaning how I want to just stay home, then jump on the treadmill and go "oh yeah! this feels good! me likey!"

blogging (maybe because it rhymes with jogging?) must be the same way. SO I have officially scraped my fingers off my lap, rolled my rolling chair over to the computer, bad posture and all, and I'm going to share with cyber space a recipe I made up. Not as fun as divulging deep dark secrets, but hey...it's what I've got today. Just a light jog. Maybe I'll sprint a few miles tomorrow, k?

It sounds like it's, gross, but it's not...it's actually so tastey. And unfortunately you have to have a rice cooker, b/c I don't know how to make it otherwise! And just at this very moment I have a feeling I may have posted it already (?) but I'll take a chance. I'm too lazy to look.

Mung Beans and Sweet Brown Rice

3/4 cup Mung Beans (the beans that the common bean sprout comes from! very good for you)
1/2 onion, any kind
1/2 bell pepper, any color
1+ T (ish) olive oil
3/4 cup sweet brown rice (this is different from brown rice...sweeter, but I'm sure regular would work too)
1 cup (ish) baby carrots...not young ones, the itty bitty ones! (i like them chopped a little, but you can use them whole)
3 cups water
1 T tamari/soy sauce/teriyaki

First, rinse your mung beans twice, then soak them in water while you prepare everything else. They really don't NEED to be soaked, like lentils, but I find just letting them sit in the water a little before cooking makes the texture better.

In a small skillet on medium to low flame, warm olive oil, then add onions and pepper. Cook until the onions start to look clear. This is to let them caramelize and give the dish some flava! While they are sauteeing, chop your carrots (if you wish!) and any other veggies you'd like really. I'm thinking of trying brocolli and cabbage too, next time. Okay....so your onions are clear, your veggies are chopped. Now drain your beans and stick EVERYTHING in the cooker (or pot if you are gonna try this manually).

When it's ready, it's ready! There shouldn't be any extra liquid or sauce, but it is a little "creamy" from the starches. I only put a little soy sauce in while it's cooking so you can add it after, to taste. I like to garnish with green onion. Makes about 4 servings. Oh man I'm hungry.

okay, you still awake? still here? heehee

so I'm now 13 weeks preggers...and I feel like a fatty! My clothes still fit, but the buttons and zippers on a few things look at me like "you're kidding right?" I'm gonna post a pick later of my little bump.

one thing I haven't figured out yet...my belly-button ring. What do I do? can I keep it? should I keep it? what will happen? I've had it in for about...hmmm...6 years, and the only person who sees it (under dim lights only, of course) is the hubby...and once his young cousins saw it while I was swimming and freaked out. That's it. But for some reason, I take it out and I look WIERD! I mean it's as If I woke up and one of my nipples was gone...okay not exactly but close. any advice out there? I'd ask britney...but well...she's a idiot, or at least plays one of TV! and besides she won't return my phone calls...b!+ch...hahaha just kidding. (I'm prob the only one who reads this, but I laugh, so it's all good) PLUS she blew up to gi-normous so maybe her advice isn't all that great....the britney prenatal diet...McD's and cheetos! would you like large thighs...I mean large fries with that? hahaha "Y'ALL I'M PREGNANT, OKAY. I CAN EAT WHATEVER I WANT, K? DERRRR!" that' my spears impression, I can do it b/c I'm from Louisiana too. Alright, truce...it's a bad impression, and we have nothing in common but the area code of the hospitals we were born in. but people are always impressed when you are from a place a famous person is from (what's with that by the way?) so I guess it's shameless PR?....maybe?

3 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM , Blogger Yael said...

    Belly button thing - I left mine in, I got a length of plastic bar from the piercers and kept cutting the plastic bars longer as i got bigger. I screwed normal metal balls onto each end.
    When I was in labour I taped it up so nobody could say anything. It's completely back to normal now although my tummy is still a bit flabby so not sure who else will get to see it!

     
  • At 9:34 AM , Blogger nikinpos said...

    Um, I don't have a piercing but my belly button went completely flat, I can't imagine what would have happened if there was a thing in it too!. Sorry thats not very helpful. Ps thanks for the comment on my secret post on another blog!

     
  • At 10:56 AM , Blogger Emily Clancy LoPorto said...

    errrr your welcome?! heehee how mysterious ;) I hope it was nice and not assanine!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home