Confessions of a 20-Something Caffeine Addict

...on caffeine-free nursing diet. God Help Us.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

hey...check it out

DH just posted his blog! he is a pessimist and "hates blogspot" so be sure to drop him a line and let him know if you like it! once we are in Italy we'll publish a new blog using our iMac, but right now we both work so we have to use an internet based one....anyway...hope you enjoy his writing. I think he should write a book! (the link is also to the right in my blogs list.)

so I guess it's sort of pointless using an anonymous name for him on here now...it's ADAM! adam and emily. not so mind blowing, but weird to be spilling the insignificant beans.

oh! names for the bambino! What do you think? if I was more internet savvy i'd put a little poll thing on here, but I'm not so oh well!

A) Lela (pronounced LEE-lah)
B) Giada (zhee-AH-duh)
C) Viera (vee-AIR-ah)...don't forget to roll that R!!!

----------------------------------------------------------

yesterday and the day before were so hot that adam and I went for a quick swim after work both days. god...life is pretty good. sometimes I think we are crazy to give up our current living situation just to move to Italy, but then again I'd be crazy not to grab at the chance, and maybe our only chance to live in Italy.

we finally had to use our AC last night. it's been so breezy by the water and the shade has been able to hold us over, but yesterday's heat index of 112 farenheit kept the house good and stuffy into the evening. man is that AC noisy! I could barely sleep and woke up twice during the night.

it is HOT HOT HOT today and I am so glad that I work in an overly air-conditioned office. Today will be the only day, but I'm glad nonetheless!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM , Blogger Yael said...

    Take my advice don't ask for advice about names, someone will put you off every name you think of until there's none left.
    Don't believe me...
    Viera is the name of the lead in the Mike leigh film of the same name, if you haven't seen it watch it before you name the baby.
    Every second 15 year old is called Giada here, fine if you're over there, but what if you end up over here?
    Hmmm I quite like lela (I wonder why?) apart from the obvious 'you got me on my knees'connection. I know thats leyla but you get the idea.
    We went through this with all our names and in the end we decided to keep the name secret until about a week before she was born and then we only told the grandparents.
    Hope this helps, sorry about the long winded comment! Are we getting some belly shots soon or what?

     
  • At 5:13 AM , Blogger nikinpos said...

    Yael is right. Choose the names between you and don't ask anyone elses opinion! Bear in mind how easy a name is to pronounce, for a foreigner, and if it could be shortened into a nickname, would you like it?
    You should have seen the disgusted looks on the nurses/italian grandmother/great granny/brother and most locals faces when I announced my daughters name! But we liked it, and thats what counts.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home