Confessions of a 20-Something Caffeine Addict

...on caffeine-free nursing diet. God Help Us.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

1st mother's (to-be) day

so I just have to say that my husband is perfect. maybe not for anyone else, but for me he is perfect beyond perfect. I always underestimate him, and end up being the ass, and yet somehow I'll do it again.

the past few months have been rough, not really knowing how he's felt about the baby, and how much I could talk about it without "offending" him. I want to give him the time and space to process this change and let him deal with it on his own. I assumed he was still dealing.

this morning I woke-up to find a card and small black bag next to the bed. I actually didn't see it until after I used the bathroom. I sat down on the bed and DH rolled over while I read. The card was an incredibly long message from my husband to me on my 1st mother's day. he told me how excited he is about this baby, how much he loves me and this life we've created together. I am such a sap and so in shock of what he was telling me in this card, so of course I was crying like a nut. THEN he told me to open the bag, inside a strange shaped box, and inside that a silver bracelet from the jeweler who made our wedding rings. It's from Pandora Jewelers. It's sort of like a charm bracelet. Anyway, so I am tearing up again, as I pull out this bracelet that has one charm on it. He tells me that it's the baby's birth stone!!! I just wanted to punch him he's so sweet. Of course I was a blubbering mess for about 10 more minutes. I was speechless. okay I have to run. today is the brother-in-law's b-day and we have to grab his gift and go to grandma's to party (haha), or just sit around and enjoy all the fam's company. whatever suits you :)

happy mother's day to all of you out there in cyberland! we wouldn't be here without you....literally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home