Confessions of a 20-Something Caffeine Addict

...on caffeine-free nursing diet. God Help Us.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

And I truly believe that, except of course when it comes to a massage.

DH's birthday is coming up, and I am so proud of myself for having bought half of his gifts a full month in advance. Lucky for me one of his birthday gifts, which we got a while back, are tickets to see Rufus Wainwright. It's going to be an amazing show. He is playing with a full orchestra at Carnegie Hall in NYC, and will be performing the legendary 1961 Judy Garland concert. And as if that weren't amazing enough...we are sitting in the 4th row thanks to a friend of ours who "knows people."

If I were a gay man, I'd stalk Rufus Wainwright. His music is amazing...rock, classical, operatic, folk, pop all rolled into one. If you haven't heard any of his music, I'd suggest listening to his album "Want One" first. It has the greatest mix of sounds. "Want Two," his latest album, is incredible too, but I think you have to get to know him first to appreciate it....but I could be wrong :) My favorite song at the moment is "I don't know what it is" I just want to do giant leaps and spins around the room when I turn it up loud.

Interesting factoids: in the beginning of the movie The Aviator at the Cocoanut Grove, Rufus plays the club singer, and then before they leave the club his father, Loudon (a successful folk singer popular in the 70s), is performing also. Loudon also plays the mayor in the movie Big Fish, among other small roles in TV shows and films.

I'm not obsessed really.

but back to DH. I'd love to divulge the details of his gifts, but he may decide to check out my blog, which he's done in the past, and then the surprise will be ruined or "ROONED" as he likes to say....not sure why.

and yes yael, I must agree that my husband is HOT STUFF. why else would I have married him??? hahaha j/k that's just a lucky perk.

we have our next OB appointment tomorrow, and I am very excited...we're hoping he takes the sonogram again so we can see how big he/she has gotten PLUS we may be able to find out the sex of the baby! we are 15 weeks today (oh my god!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home