Confessions of a 20-Something Caffeine Addict

...on caffeine-free nursing diet. God Help Us.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Living Up to My Blog Name

a real confession...

I am having a really WEIRD pregnancy thing. The hair down the center of my tummy, which is normally a little brown when I haven't been in the sun and is emphasized by my pastey white skin (yes, I'm part dark Irish), has decided that it's not dark enough! Dear Lord! as if I need another physical trait to fixate on and beat myself up over! LUCKILY (see, God, I am looking at the bright side...the very shady and damp and cold bright side) it's not BLACK and it's not coarse either, thank you very much. But still...what the hell and I gonna do? my first thought is to used some of my facial bleach and pray it doesn't look like a big blonde stripe down the center of my abdomen. Or I can wait patiently for the weather to cooperate, and lay-out by the pool rubbing lemon juice on my belly (mmmm lemonade). OR I can be even more patient and hope that this will all go away post-partum. any thoughts fellow bloggers/lurkers? As if it isn't crappy enough that I am at the point in my pregnancy where I don't look pregnant, but chubby.

OH YES! I forgot...the OB...well all we did today was listen to the heartbeat BUT it was the first time we heard it, and it sounded beautiful and strong and steady. I was in and out in 15 minutes! that's a lifetime record for me. We are getting our first full-fledged ultrasound in 5 weeks, then we'll see him again a week later. I think he's trying to get me in one the month (I'll be 20 weeks by then). I am so excited, and we should be able to find out the sex of the baby by then!!! yayayay!

It is POURING rain over here on Long Island. It has actually been raining all week, sans yesterday. It is SO hard to wake up when it is raining outside. I wish I could just roll over and smother DH while listening to the rain and falling back into dream land. Anyway, the entire sky is gray, and despite the weather, DH and I are trucking over to the mall to spend some extra money I earned doing some design work on the side. Woohoo! I am looking forward to buying some "in-between" clothes and a dress for my old best-friend's wedding at which I am singing (one day I'll post wedding pics, and you'll discover that he was my male bridal attendant! what a trooper! and I say "old" because he lives in North Carolina and I live in in NY and we never catch each other while we're home in LA...it's complicated).

so obviously I am doing nothing at work today, so I had better go and make these last 15 minutes count (HA!).

2 Comments:

  • At 6:59 PM , Blogger Alfred Kuchinski said...

    I wouldn't worry about the soft hair on your belly. It most likely will lighten (if not disappear)after the birth of your child.
    The areola around your nipples will remain the same colour as during pregnancy. It may become smaller in diameter but will remail the same colour.
    Stay cool...babys are a gift from God!
    Al Kuchinski

     
  • At 5:41 AM , Blogger Emily Clancy LoPorto said...

    thanks annika! after I posted I did a little research. something about the increased bloodflow makes that happen. And you know, it could be that there's just more and so it seems darker? anyway, no sweat...so long as it really does go away! haha

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home